The benefits of using video as part of your marketing strategy are clear. Video is predicted to make up more than 80% of internet traffic by 2021, so now is a great time to get started. Of course, you want the videos you create to be the best they can – clean, professional, and engaging – so it makes sense to work with an amazing video production company. But it’s important to find a marketing company that fits well with your brand. Read on to learn how to find the right video production company to work with.
Are They a Great Fit?
When it comes to choosing a great video production company, don’t skimp on research. There are a few factors that you should look into before making a decision/;
- Style – The first thing you should research is the production company’s style. Watch videos they’ve worked on in the past. Do they have a specific style? Or maybe they’re capable of creating videos in many different styles and are able to work with you to make something that matches what you’re all about. As a company, it’s essential to stick to your branding with any kind of content you produce, including video.
- Specialties – Also, some production companies have specialties like TV commercials, social media videos, product videos, or animation. Make sure you have an idea of the type of video you want to create so you can see if they’re a match.
- Size – Large video agencies are often able to create any style of video, but smaller companies may give you a more personal touch. The production company should be eager to know more about your own branding and how they can help bring it to life so that you can be sure that you’re getting the attention to detail your project requires.
Hash Out the Details
Sometimes you may think you’ve identified a great video production company to work with just to find out that the details just won’t work. Don’t get stuck in this situation. Consider these details first:
- Budget – sometimes production companies can be flexible here. They may have a selection of products to fit into different budgets. But don’t always count on this being the case. Make sure you know exactly how much you can spend so you don’t get shocked by the final bill.
- Location – If a production company is located in another state, it isn’t always a big problem. You can often send them a sample of your product, and they can film a demo. However, if you need someone to shoot interviews with your company or footage that is location-specific, you may run into a problem.
- Experience – Always look for a company that has a lot of quality work to back up their claims. Inexperienced companies may offer you the moon but often are unable to deliver your desired product. Ask about their process and what steps they take to make your video perfect. If they don’t have a transparent process of how their videos are created, you might face some issues along the way.
Before working with any company, read what other customers have to say about them. Many companies will offer client testimonials or reviews upfront. You could also ask them for references. If the company you’re looking at doesn’t have any references ready to go, view that as a red flag!
You can also check out Google, Facebook, and Clutch to read reviews. When reading these reviews, look for positives and negatives and make a list so you can easily compare different contenders side by side.
The Final Decision
Choosing a video production company to work with is a big deal, so don’t feel bad if it takes you a while to decide. This is a relationship that is going to last for a while, so you need to make sure you’re choosing the right one. You’ve read reviews, talked to their sales team, and made sure their style fits with your own, but when it comes down to it, go with your gut. If you feel like you’ve found the perfect company, you probably have!
Sparkhouse is a top-ranked video production company located in Orange County, CA. Over the past 16 years, they’ve helped thousands of customers create engaging and effective video content. If you’re looking for a professional video to boost your marketing strategy, contact us for more information.