Hello, my name is TORREY
Hello, my name is Torrey
Who is Torrey?
Torrey Tayenaka, the co-founder and CEO at Sparkhouse, is known for transforming video marketing and advertising into real conversations. Torrey is one of the founding partners to launch the full-service Orange County, California-based video marketing agency. "We didn't just want to be the guys with the cameras, we come up with the great ideas, we come up with the concepts" Torrey says.
A videographer graduate of the prestigious University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts, Torrey believes in social, branded interactive content. Rather than hitting the consumer over the head with blatant ads, Torrey's team creates interesting, entertaining and useful videos that enrich the lives of his clients' customers.
"We're serving the community and creating a brand, rather than outright selling products," Torrey says. "Commercials are what you fast forward through on TiVo - we make content that people want."
As an effective producer of media, Torrey has the ability to not only create video content, but he's also mastered the marketing and selling of it to the masses. In an attempt to truly master his craft, Torrey continues to tackle the industry's most cutting-edge technologies - including staying up to date with the latest social media trends.
"Torrey demonstrates many traits of a successful entrepreneur: creative, hardworking, solution-oriented and a 'can do' attitude," says Edward Yu, a long-time client. "He and his team are a pleasure to work with and come up with some strong breakthrough ideas that help businesses."
At the ripe old age of two, Torrey already had camera in-hand, creating short films for his family. But it wasn't until after he entered high school that he picked up the camera again. He started taking classes at the FilmEd Academy of the Arts in Orange County, Calif., where he met his mentor, Dave Junker. Film being a traditionally Los Angeles-centric industry, Dave has brought it down to Orange County and helped to get Torrey truly excited about the field.
Sparkhouse now provides clients with everything from product video features to top-notch viral videos - and everything in between. "Film is the job everyone wants and we don't take that for granted," Torrey says. "I am so lucky to be able to go to work everyday and do what I love."
Want to read my articles?
- Why Your Facebook Videos Need to Be Different From What You Put on YouTube
- How to Repurpose Your Marketing Video for a Facebook Video Ad
- 5 Reasons Why You Need Video in Your Marketing Strategy (With the Stats to Prove It)
- The Exact Videos You Should Use in Each Stage of the Buyer Funnel
- Your Guide to Creating and Optimizing Facebook Video Ads
- What Are Loop Giveaways and How Can You Use Them to Gain Millions of Followers?
- 2018 Guide to Corporate Videos
- Tips for Successful A/B Testing of Your Facebook Video Ads
- 10 Solid Ways to “Stop the Scroll” For Your Facebook Video Ads
- How to Get Started with Video Marketing
- The Power of Video Marketing
- Tips for Creating Amazing Video Thumbnails
- Questions to Ask Video Production Teams Before Hiring Them
- How Much Does it Cost to Produce a 60 Second TV Commercial?
- What Videos You Should Use at Each Stage of the Buyer Funnel
- Neal Schaffer: Ultimate Facebook Video Ad Guide: Tips and Tricks for Capturing – and Keeping – Your Viewers’ Attention
- Moovly: Top Rules for Website Video Marketing Success & Optimized SEO
- Instasize: Six Attention Grabbing Tricks for Video Marketing
- Foundr: How to Optimize and Organize your Facebook Video Ads for Every Stage of the Sales Funnel
- Hubspot: The Guide to Successful Silent Videos for Facebook Video Ads
- Social Media Examiner: How to Use Instagram Stories in Your Sales Funnel
- Upcity: When Should a Company Outsource Video Production?
- SoundStripe: What a Successful Video Production Relationship Looks Like
- Big Frame: The Complete Cheat Sheet to different types of videos and when to use them
- Business.com: How Long Does It Take to Make a TV Commercial?
- New Breed: WHY YOUR VIDEOS NEED TO WORK WITH NO SOUND (AND HOW TO OPTIMIZE FOR SILENCE)
- Insights For Professionals: 12 Tips for Creating Facebook Video Ads that Stop the Scroll
- Marketing Prof: What Videos you should use at each stage of the buyer funnel
- Web Writer Spotlight: Why (and How) to Optimize Your Videos to Play with No Sound
- Anthony Gaenzle: Why Your Videos Need To Work With No Sound (And How To Optimize For Silence)
- Clutch: What to Do Before Hiring a Video Production Agency
- Blogging Republic: 10 Types of Videos to Promote Your Product or Service
- The Next Scoop: Making Pro and DIY Videos Remotely During Social Distancing
- Gummicube: WHY APP COMMERCIALS ARE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR TYPICAL MARKETING VIDEO
- Small Business Bonfire: Video Marketing for Promotion: 20 Types of Videos for Your Business
- Pix teller: Why Making Videos with No Audio is Imperative And How to Optimize for Silence
- Learn Inbound: TYPES OF MARKETING VIDEOS TO USE AT EACH STAGE OF THE BUYER FUNNEL
- Wordstream: How to Create at-Home DIY Marketing Videos While Social Distancing
- CrowdfireApp: The Complete Cheat Sheet Different Types of Videos and When to Use them
- Reputation X: Cheat sheet: Different types of marketing videos
- Notesmatic: Making Pro and DIY Videos Remotely During Social Distancing
- Ideasplus Business: Making Pro and DIY Videos Remotely During Social Distancing
- elainefogel: The Complete Cheat Sheet to Different Types of Videos and When to Use them
- Woorise: Types of Marketing Videos to Use at Each Stage of the Buyer Funnel
- Page Traffic Buzz: The Ultimate Guide to All Different Types of Videos and When To Use Them
- Unstack: How to Use Video SEO to Grow Your Business
- Wave Video: The Ultimate Guide to Pre-Production for Creating a Successful Video
- 60 Second Marketer: Tips for Creating Engaging eLearning Videos from a Video Production Agency
- Just Creative: Ultimate Guide to Successful Video Pre-Production
- Gummicube: Why Your Facebook App Video Campaigns Need to Work in Silence
- B2B Writing Success: Why Your B2B Videos Need to Work with No Sound
- My Marketing Cafe: 7 Types of Videos to Showcase on Different Landing Pages
- Business 2 Community: How to Jumpstart Your Corporate YouTube Channel
- MailMunch: Video Guide on What Videos to Use at Each Stage of the Sales Funnel
- AdlibWeb: How to Use Videos to Become an Industry/Thought Leader
- Advertising Week 360: The Ultimate Guide to All Different Types of Videos and When To Use Them
- SEOBlog: How to Integrate a Video To Your SEO Marketing Strategy
- The European Business Review: The Ultimate Guide to All Different Types of Videos and When To Use Them
- Miles Web: How to Integrate a Video To Your SEO Marketing Strategy
- Business2Community: How to Use Video Marketing to Become an Industry Thought Leader
- Social Media Explorer: TikTok is Changing How We Consume Media: Here’s How to Integrate TikTok to Your Video Marketing Strategy in 2021
- Street Fight: B2B Strategy: How to Use Video Marketing to Build Your Brand
- Noupe: The Complete B2B Strategy on How to Use Video Marketing to Build Your Brand
- Raindance: What Is a B-Roll and Why Is It So Important for Video Marketing for Entrepreneurs?
- Industrial Marketer: Building Your Brand With B2B Video Marketing: The Complete Strategy
- Small biz daily: Why Pre-Production is the Ultimate Step in Creating a Successful Video
- DivvyHQ: The Ultimate Guide To All Types Of Videos And When To Use Them
- Concept Marketing Group: Tips To Using Videos to Become an Industry/Thought Leader
- MarketingProfs: Five B2B Video Marketing Tips to Boost Sales in 2021